Vaccine Development Centre
The Vaccine Development Centre (VDC)—VIDO’s new vaccine manufacturing facility—advances the development of new vaccines to strengthen global preparedness for emerging infectious diseases.
The VDC can produce vaccines for human clinical trials and commercial-scale veterinary vaccines under Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) standards. GMP standards are used by the regulatory agencies to ensure medicines are safely produced.
- Containment level 3 capable for Risk Group 3 pathogens
- GMP compliant
- Up to 1000L bioreactors and 500m2 fixed-bed bioreactor
- Capacity to produce inactivated, live attenuated, subunit, viral vectored, mRNA, and DNA vaccines, GMP virus and phage, and other biologics
- Support for process development—expertise to take new products from the bench-top to full scale manufacturing
- Capable of manufacturing commercial veterinary vaccines and human vaccines for Phase 1 and Phase 2 clinical trials