Bacterial Vaccine Development Group
Dr. White joined VIDO as a Research Scientist in 2009. He obtained his PhD in Biochemistry at University of Victoria in 2000. Prior to joining the VIDO-InterVac team, Dr. White completed his post-doctoral research in the Department of Microbiology and Infectious Diseases at the University of Calgary, and with the Alberta Provincial Health Lab. He holds the Jarislowsky Chair in Biotechnology and has expertise in the areas of bacterial pathogenesis, biofilm formation, molecular biology, and next generation DNA sequencing.
- Salmonella transmission and virulence
- Gene expression associated with Salmonella biofilm formation
- Salmonella vaccine development
- Changes associated with host-adaptation of enteric pathogens
- Gene reporter and imaging technologies