Program Manager – Bacterial Vaccine Development
Dr. Perez-Casal completed his PhD in Biochemistry in The Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Argentina. He joined VIDO as a Research Scientist in 1999 and is currently the Program Manager of the Bacterial Vaccine Development Research Group. Dr. Perez-Casal is also an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan and the Chair of the VIDO local safety committee. His research expertise includes bacterial pathogenesis, vaccine development, and animal trials.
- Mycoplasma diseases in cattle and bison
- Development of Mycoplasma bovis experimental challenge models
- Novel vaccine development against Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia
- Development of a vaccine for contagious bovine pleuropneumonia
- Development of a vaccine for Mycoplasma bovis in cattle
- Sheep and Goat Lameness Survey