Vaccine Formulation & Delivery Group
Dr. Napper received his PhD from the Department of Biochemistry at the University of Saskatchewan in 1999. A protein biochemist by training, his research interests are based in the application of structure activity investigations within the context of infection and immunity. Dr. Napper is a Research Scientist in the Vaccine Formulation & Delivery Group at VIDO, and is also a Professor of Biochemistry at the University of Saskatchewan.
Outside of the lab Dr. Napper has a strong interest in Science Education and works actively with the Secondary Education System to help translate higher level science and mentorship to undergraduate and high school students. He has also been awarded the University of Saskatchewan Teaching Excellence Award three times.
- Signal transduction
- Protein structure function
- Host pathogen interaction
- Vaccine Development
- Development and application of peptide arrays for kinome analysis in agricultural species
- Development of a prion vaccine
- Development of a vaccine for bovine tuberculosis and Johne’s disease in cattle