Program Manager – Bacterial Vaccine Development
Dr. Perez-Casal completed his PhD in Biochemistry in The Universidad Nacional de Tucuman, Argentina. He joined VIDO-InterVac as a Research Scientist in 1999 and is currently the Program Manager of the Bacterial Vaccine Development Research Group. Dr. Perez-Casal is also an Adjunct Professor in the Department of Veterinary Microbiology, Western College of Veterinary Medicine, University of Saskatchewan and the Chair of the VIDO-InterVac local safety committee. His research expertise includes bacterial pathogenesis, vaccine development, and animal trials.
- Mycoplasma diseases in cattle and bison
- Development of Mycoplasma bovis experimental challenge models
- Novel vaccine development against Contagious Bovine Pleuropneumonia
- Development of a vaccine for contagious bovine pleuropneumonia
- Development of a vaccine for Mycoplasma bovis in cattle