VIDO-InterVac: World class, leading-edge research
What VIDO-InterVac does best
- VIDO-InterVac is a world leader in developing vaccines and technologies against infectious diseases.
- Created in 1975, research collaborations have resulted in 80-plus U.S. patents and eight commercialized vaccines. Six of these vaccines were world firsts.
Protecting animals, Saving Lives
- Our vaccines have saved millions of dollars for the agricultural industry, making Canada more competitive internationally and enhancing global trade.
- Our research is driving the discovery of new vaccines that are transforming the future of public health.
Success through collaboration
- VIDO-InterVac is open to academic teams and researchers from Canadian and international universities, commercial partners, research institutes and governments.
- Cutting-edge technology and facilities provide unparalleled opportunities for research.
News and Events
- InterVac Certification Achieved - Apr 22, 2013
- Former VIDO Director, Dr. Lorne Babiuk, wins 2013 Killam Prize in Health Sciences - Apr 11, 2013
- PREVENT and VIDO sign collaborative agreement with South China United Vaccine Institute and Guangzho Institute of Respiratory Disease - Mar 28, 2013
- VIDO-InterVac scientists receive $1M in Agriculture Funding - Jan 24, 2013
The International Vaccine Centre (InterVac) is Canada's newest lab for protecting animals and humans against emerging infectious diseases:
- The new $140 million InterVac facility addresses the international shortage of facilities for studying Containment Level 3 (CL3) pathogens using diverse animal models.
- When InterVac becomes operational in 2013, it will be one of the largest and most advanced of its kind in North America.